The Law Offices of David B. Gardner, Inc. provides comprehensive representation in all aspects of United States Immigration and Nationality law.
  • New Entrepreneur Visa bill
    A new version of the Entrepreneur Visa bill provides hope for overseas investors seeking to invest or start up businesses in the United States...
  • Do you want to receive information regularly? Join our mailing list:
Join Our Mailing List

H-2 Visas / Temporary short term workers

H-2 Visas are for temporary workers performing "agricultural labor or services of a temporary nature," and temporary workers performing "other temporary service or labor." The employer must demonstrate that no U.S. workers capable of performing the service/labor are available. Under the H-2A program, there is a 50% rule, which requires employers to hire qualified U.S. farm workers who apply for the job until 50% of the contract period has been completed. Under the H-2B program, the employer must get a temporary labor certification demonstrating that (1) no USC/LPR workers are available for the position; and (2) the position is temporary in nature.
Powered by Adrecom CMS suite